Saturday, November 16, 2013

WEDDING CAKE TRENDS 2014

Desserts and decorated cakes are my specialty. My decorating skills were honed at the Wilton School. I took classes with Colette Peters to learn how to work with fondant and gum paste.
Director Sandy Folsom taught me how to create realistic edible roses. Master sugar artist, Jing Palasique, taught me how to create lovely flowers from chocolate clay. Chocolatier, Pam Vieau taught me to how to temper and mold chocolate. School coordinator, Lorena Frias-Hernandez, taught me how to decorate cookies, that are too beautiful to eat. I apply my skills to gluten free desserts. 

Trends in cake decorating are always interesting so I am sharing photos from the latest show to fuel your imagination. The theme for this show was, Alice in Wonderland. Theme cakes were entered in competition recognized for grand design and workmanship.




Fondant covered wedding cakes still reign supreme. 
Color is king.



















When it comes to romantic elegance, no one does it better than the Knock Shoppe, in Westfield Wisconsin. Their lighted creations are stunning!











Winter wedding cakes, decorated with spring flowers, always seemed odd to me, so I created Winter World of Love.  This cake is covered in snowflakes. Timeless elegance never fades.








2 comments: